Website Hammerulo Data Corporation
Technical Writer – Permanent Work from Home!
Over the past few years, the world has witnessed the importance of supply chains in producing and transporting goods for consumer and business use. Technology is an essential part of that equation. As amazing as innovative technology is, it all depends on people to make it work and keep it running.
Our team develops, sells, and supports enterprise software that helps ensure the continued operation of the supply chain.
The role of the Technical Writer is company and client-focused as part of the Client Engagement organization to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products.
The technical writer will work collaboratively with developers, quality associates, product manager, and usability experts to make Datex products easier to use.
The Technical Writer will report to the Director of Training and Compliance and will actively participate in recurring meetings with the team.
Role and Job Responsibilities:
- Working with internal teams and departments to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products and the documentation requirements
- Designing and developing supporting documentation for products
- Writing easy-to-understand online help and other appropriate documentation
- Creating tutorials to help end-users use the applications
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Identifying and using screenshots, drawings, diagrams, and charts to increase user understanding
- Periodically reviewing all documentation for timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness; making corrections and updates as needed
- Managing the document review and approval process
- Creating and editing video content to be embedded into the application documentation
Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert at writing for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Experience with graphic design principles and applications e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, MS Visio, Draw.io
- Experience with cloud-based task management applications, e.g. Azure DevOps Boards, Atlassian Jira
- Familiarity with authoring and publishing software, e.g. Madcap Flare, Adobe Framemaker, Robohelp
- Ability to create and edit video content using video editing software, e.g. Techsmith Suite, Adobe Premier
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and act on it
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Solid work ethic geared towards proving high-quality service to clients
- People-oriented: enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Detail-oriented: would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Achievement-oriented: enjoys taking on challenges, even in the face of possible failure.
- Autonomous/Independent: enjoys working with minimal direction.
- Skilled at prioritizing and organizing work
Work Experience and Education Requirements
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field and/or 2-4 years experience working in a similar or related field.
- Certified in or working toward one of the following certifications offered by the Society for Technical Communication, or equivalent certifications.
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator – Foundation or Practitioner
What’s in store for you:
- Full-time position
- Direct Hire
- Permanent Work From Home
- Industry-verified, competitive compensation and benefits package
- HMO Medical Plan Maxicare Gold 200K MBL
- SL & VL Credits with SL Conversion
- Company-Issued Equipment/Laptop
- Signing Bonus
- 6th Months Bonus
- 12th Months Bonus
- 5K Monthly perfect attendance
If this sounds like you, then apply now for this fantastic work-from-home opportunity and join one of the Philippines’ leading IT teams.